Friday, November 13, 2009

All American History - Unit Two - 13 Colonies






Once again, I made the review cards as instructed by the author of All American History. I made a pocket for each colony. Folding two pieces of quality construction paper, I made an 8 page book to which I glued the pockets. Each colony pocket holds the following:
1. Name and picture of a key figure
2. Copy of the flag of the country he represented
3. The icon describing the motivation for the start of the colony
4. A small map of the colony's location with respect to the other colonies.

They are separated into three groups: New England, Middle and Southern colonies.

Ways to use them for review:
1. Take out the cards one at a time and review.
2. Take out all the cards for one group and mix them up. Put them in the right pockets and check your notebook to see if you grouped them correctly.
3. Take out all the cards in the whole book and do the same.

On the very back of the folder is a full map of all 13 colonies.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thanks for sharing. I think I will get my kids to make one as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a map of the 13 colonies and made several copies of it on card stock. Then I just cut out 3x5s with the colony in the middle. Mine was taken from something I got from KnowledgeQuest when I bought "The Star Spangled Workbook."

    ReplyDelete